Type: Full Time|Permanent
£25000 – £40000/annum
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In West Sussex
FUNCTION OF THE DEPARTMENT & MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Sales Department proactively bids for large engineering contracts, the vast majority of which are international. Once projects are underway on site, the Aftermarket Team supports clients by offering spares, service and supervision services as well as bidding for revamp projects and studies.
Reporting to the Aftermarket Engineering Manager, this role is to assist in this aftermarket sector of the Sales Department to ensure sales and profit are maximised as well as timely delivery of goods to clients with correct paperwork.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Placement of Purchase Orders to suppliers for spare parts, supervisors and training on a back-to-back basis to the orders we have received from clients. Liaising with Procurement and Sales departments to ensure necessary permissions are obtained.
• Populating and managing the Spares Procurement Log.
• Arrange visas, travel, documentation and logistics for supervisors to go on site-work & training.
• Liaising with clients about their requirements for supervisors.
• Ensuring the general pastoral care of the supervisors, ensuring they have the correct H&S information, accommodation, Country Risk Assessments etc
• Assist in the preparation of training materials for supervisor training courses and all logistic management for the trainers.
• Filing and indexing of all client correspondence / supplier PO in soft copy in a central location with easy access for the entire sales/service and finance group.
• Liaison with suppliers to expedite spare parts for delivery to client.
• Preparation of required shipping documentation, liaising with government and legal authorities as necessary.
• Collation and presentation of certification to Quality Department to ensure release can be given for materials to ship.
• Liaison with suppliers, clients, freight forwarders and the internal Shipping Manager to ensure shipping is undertaken.
• Support sales team arrange visas and travel for the Process and Sales departments.
• Support After-Market Co-ordinator in sales of spares; preparing appropriate requisitioning, checking of estimates, commercial support and relevant international shipping documentation.
• Attend sales and services meetings: actively communicating and participating to ensure that accurate updates are given on spares/supervision orders and highlighting areas of concern.
• Ensure Finance Department have all the necessary information so that they can invoice easily, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Review supplier invoices to ensure accuracy.
• To cover for the sale of spare parts and supervisors during departmental absences as well as supporting the Aftermarket Engineering Manager.
• Work as an active part of the team to secure additional business for the company in various ways including follow up on quotations made, using initiative to provide good service to clients so they want to return to for repeat business.
• Continually review work processes to make them more efficient.
• Support sales team as necessary for admin and logistical tasks.
Person Skills and Experience
• A background in engineering would be advantageous. An eagerness to develop product and industry knowledge is essential.
• Extremely organised with good administration skills, attention to detail and a logical approach to job tasks
• The flexibility and adaptability to be able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload.
• Pro-active with a desire to improve processes and business performance.
• Team player and effective communicator at all levels.
• Able to work alone and on own initiative, as well as part of the team
Candidate could be a great fit if considering a move from applications engineering, process engineering, technical sales
Updated 26-01-2023 21:51
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near RH15, Burgess Hill, West Sussex