Type: Full Time|Permanent
Asst. Company Secretary
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In West Sussex
This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join a growing and developing business role, which requires you to provide high quality Company Secretariat, Corporate Governance and Compliance support to this major UK business. In addition, you will be responsible for arranging and maintaining insurance protection of the organisation’s assets and liabilities. You will also support the Trustees of the Company’s closed pension fund. Your role is critical in supporting the business in operating as a regulated company and you will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of statutory records for group entities and for ensuring the timely submission of statutory filings.
Other duties of the Asst Company Secretary, will include:
• Supporting the Company Secretary and Head of Company Secretariat in providing an efficient, effective service to the Board and its Committees and all associated companies
• Providing advice on corporate governance matters
• Preparing draft briefing materials on proposed changes to the governance and regulatory landscape
• Assisting in the production and approval of the Annual Report and Accounts.
• Working with brokers and the business to gather and review insurance renewal information to lead on corporate insurance requirements
• Supporting the Pension Trustees of the Company’s closed pension scheme
• Providing accurate, effective and timely advice, analysis to the relevant business function on a wide range of matters to enable the business function to meet /manage its objectives
• Ensuring that the company complies with its Memorandum and Articles of Association and, drafting and incorporating amendments in accordance with correct procedures
• Maintaining a corporate governance framework for matters including Bribery, Modern Slavery and other regulatory and statutory compliance matters in conjunction with the Director of Risk and Compliance
What you need to be successful as an Asst. Company Secretary:-
The role is very varied and will enable you to have a wide breath of understanding across the whole organisation, working closely with the key stakeholders including the finance and treasury teams. Where required you will take minutes at Board and executive meetings and it is essential you will be confident in communication at all levels.
• Minimum of two years in a similar role, preferably within a regulated sector.
• Qualified as a Chartered Secretary (ACIS), Lawyer or relevant professional qualification.
• Extensive and in-depth company secretary experience preferably within a Listed Company.
• Experience of Insurance and Pensions within a corporate environment
• Experience of developing and delivering a corporate governance and compliance framework
If you’re looking for a great opportunity for future development , this could be a great opportunity for you, with great salary and benefits, so apply today
Updated 26-01-2023 22:05