Type: Contract|Full Time
Bristol Community Marshal
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Bristol (County)
RSMS Community Marshals – Bristol
Red Snapper Managed Services (RSMS) are looking for Community Marshals with relevant experience in law enforcement, community safety, security and neighbourhood policing. The right candidate will join our existing team of 13 uniformed patrolling Marshals in Bristol until the end of March 2023. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic team; no two days are the same!
A bit about us:
RSMS is a dedicated market leader in providing professional investigation, community safety and enforcement support services to authorities working within the criminal investigation, enforcement, criminal justice and offender management sectors.
Project & role overview:
The team will provide a professional, smart and high-visibility patrolling presence, engaging with the local community across Bristol. The primary responsibilities of this role include supporting the council by:
* Preventing and detecting crime and anti-social behaviour
* Responding to civil emergencies
* Improving the environment
* Gathering and sharing information or intelligence
* Maintaining public health and wellbeing
* Patrol the city and engage with the local community
* Protecting the most vulnerable from harm; and
* Strengthening and maintaining community safety
You will be required to undergo mandatory training prior to deployment (delivered through our internal training division) and there will be continuing professional development (CPD) whilst deployed on the engagement.
You will be provided with a professional overt uniform for patrolling and community engagement.
Other duties may include:
* Provide a professional, smart, high visibility patrolling presence, mainly on foot, in order to deter public nuisance, anti-social behaviour, crime and to encourage good behaviour
* Provide a visible presence in the community in order to reduce the fear of crime and reassure local people and make them feel safe and proud of where they live
* Report community safety issues raised by local people, or environmental problems, e.g. incidents, hazards, defects, fly tipping, dog fouling, graffiti, litter and vandalism
* Develop community spirit by being approachable, responsive and by communicating positive news and dealing with problems quickly and professionally
* Act as the eyes and ears of the Council by spotting, investigating and reporting incidents, including acting as professional witnesses as required
* Support vulnerable residents of all ages in a courteous and sensitive manner
* Develop links with youth and other community groups
* Gather intelligence on anti-social behaviour, suspicious behaviour or criminal activity and disseminate to appropriate agencies
* Promote a caring, helpful and unbiased attitude towards residents and visitors, and remain polite and courteous; and
* Encourage residents to take responsibility for reporting and witnessing anti-social behaviour and the outcomes of such behaviour
* Recent experience within a law enforcement role is preferable but not essential
* The successful candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to manage conflict and difficult situations. You will also be required to work with other partners within the council, the voluntary sector and police whilst providing a frontline service addressing community concerns
* The post holder needs to be physically fit as they will be on their feet for up to 80% of their shift and be prepared to work in all weather conditions
You must be someone who enjoys working with members of the public but who has the confidence to lead, mediate, negotiate and be diplomatic in what can be challenging circumstances. You will have a keen eye for detail and have an ability to identify issues before they arise
* Experience of completing witness statements and completing relevant forms is ideal
* You must be able to pass Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV2) as there will be a requirement to undergo the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS) whilst deployed on the project – this is delivered via RSMS
* All roles will be subject to DBS clearance
Hours/Shifts: 8 hours per day
Start Date: ASAP
Project Length: Until the end of March 2023
Training: On-site and e-learning
Pay Rate: £11.50 (40 hours a week) – (equiv £23,920.00 per annum.)
Our Benefits and Perks:
As part of Red Snapper Managed Services, you will have access to our company wide benefits including free access to Police Oracle and CPD through e-learning.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
RSMS is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer
Updated 26-01-2023 22:04