Type: Full Time|Permanent
Clinical Negligence Fee Earner
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Derbyshire
Sue Ross Legal are recruiting for Clinical Negligence Fee Earners on behalf of our client, a well known, regional firm of Solicitors based in Chesterfield.
Due to expansion, we are looking to receive applications from Fee Earners at all levels, either qualified or un-qualified, who have experience of handling and progressing Clinical Negligence files.
Depending on your levels of experience you will be responsible for a caseload of either fast track or multi track negligence files from start to finish with duties including;
* Obtaining all information needed to continually assess the prospects of the claim
* Preparing documents to progress the claim
* Obtaining and reviewing all evidence including liability documentation
* Assessing quantum
* Instructing Regional Chambers and the London Bar
* Managing client expectations
* Preparing pre-action correspondence
* Attending applications and case management conferences (and trials where appropriate)
* Taking witness statements
* Advising on special damages claims
* Instructing medical experts and organising medical treatment for clients
* Reviewing and making offers
* Preparing documents for the litigation process including claim forms, particulars of claim, directions questionnaires, Part 18 requests, applications and listing questionnaires
* Following Court Directions
* Conducting litigation, advocacy and dispute resolution
To be considered for this role you will need to have experience handling your own caseload of Clinical Negligence files and have an excellent working knowledge of the Pre-Action Protocols and Civil Procedure Rules.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the North West and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment
Updated 26-01-2023 22:07