Type: Full Time|Permanent
Commercial Contract Manager
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In
The Executive Network Group’s Logistics & Transport Division is currently looking for a Commercial Contract Manager to join a large 3rd Party Logistics & Supply Chain Solutions provider on a remote basis with limited office trips required.
Role: Commercial Contract Manager
Car Allowance: £(Apply online only)pm
Location: Remote (Perhaps once in the office a fortnight which is Nuneaton)
They are a hard-working team of commercial contracts managers, supporting a huge, growing logistics business. As a small team, the nature of what the team do is varied, ranging from simple contract renewals to involvement in highly complex bids and contract negotiations.
They support the end-to-end contracting process for customers and suppliers and as a relatively small team, there is always a lot to do. The pace of work is relatively fast so if you enjoy being challenged and working on a variety of different things at once, this is the place for you!
Taking the lead on the drafting of contracts and amendments, you will work closely with the accounts and Procurement Managers to ensure that contracts that we put in place meet the needs of the customer, whilst protecting our client from unnecessary risks.
This role will suit somebody with fantastic contractual knowledge, particularly in drafting, amending documents/contracts, whilst strong Procurement Managers with a strong understanding of what the role entails will also be considered.
• Leading the delivery of pragmatic and value-add commercial solutions and advice throughout the entire sales and delivery process for one of the sectors.
• Ensure our client is protected contractually, negotiating customer contracts and maintaining a detailed knowledge of all contractual arrangements across the business
• Working closely with the Account Teams to develop relationships with, and an understanding of the commercial approach of customers
• Working closely with the Procurement Team to support with business protection and liability for suppliers.
• Working with the Account Teams to maximise the profitability of contracts whilst understanding the impact on future business opportunities
• Ensure contractual arrangements are pro-actively reviewed on an ongoing basis in order to maximise commercial benefit and accurately reflect business activity
• Engage with the legal team to ensure that contracts put in place are legally enforceable.
• Working with the legal team to resolve disputes and claims with customers to meet best interests.
• Supporting the procurement team with supplier engagement and negotiation and flow-down of key customer contract requirements.
• Work with the commercial team to support Group-wide projects e.g. GDPR / Risk Management and achievement of Sustainability targets
• Support the customer engagement system, ensuring consistency of process and sharing of best practice and training, particularly in the area of account planning, negotiation and related commercial discussions.
• Demonstrate a proven track-record of delivering pragmatic commercial support – any industry (Procurement desirable)
• Possess excellent commercial and negotiation skills with proven ability to work in complex and highly competitive environments.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of commercial and operational risk in the and the solutions required to manage these risks throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
• Thorough understanding of commercial processes and typical contractual terms with a good understanding of contract law and the ability to draft contract documents.
• Appreciation of the factors which impact profitability of a contract.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
• Demonstrable ability to provide suggestions and solutions to complex commercial and contractual issues
Updated 26-01-2023 22:12