Type: Full Time|Permanent
£35000 – £40000/annum
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In Worcestershire
Prestigious manufacturer of automotive lighting, requires an experienced Cost Estimator to join their busy, expanding team. Based in Redditch, this role is offered as a permanent contract with competitive salary and attractive company benefits.
As Cost Estimator, you will be responsible for generating quotations for Customers based on customer RFQ, explaining requirements to suppliers and have a technical understanding of manufacturing processes preferably plastic moulding, prototype processes, metal casting, finishing processes (powder coat, paint, plating etc).
Cost Estimator duties and responsibilities:
* Generate quotations for Customers based on customer RFQ.
* Ability to explain requirements to suppliers with minimum detail designs.
* Technical understanding of manufacturing processes preferably plastic moulding, prototype processes, metal casting, finishing processes (powder coat, paint, plating etc).
* Receive, acknowledge, and log customer requests for quotation. Clearly communicate with the Customer.
* Maintain quotation log and ensure Customer deadline are met.
* Preparation of technical quotations in conjunction with the relevant Customer requirements to ensure correct and timely communications to the Customer.
* Support assessment of commercial and technical suitability of enquiries to the business following appropriate processes. Communicate with internal technical teams.
* Obtain quotations from Suppliers relevant to the preparation of quotations.
* Track market conditions and costs.
* Suggest and review opportunity for estimating improvement / modification.
* Ensure estimates comply with company objectives and business targets.
* Support design team to research new technologies and new materials.
* Interact with different internal and external constituents, including other manufacturers. Researching new suppliers.
* Organise and manage cost estimating database
* Maintain database of historical purchased components.
* Liaise with Company tooling engineer to ensure supplier tooling specifications and costs are aligned.
* Ability to carry out value for money analysis.
Skills and Experiences needed for the role of Cost Estimator:
* Previous experience as a Cost Estimator or within a similar role – Essential
* Strong communication skills.
* Able to work both independently and within a Team.
* IT Literate
* Methodical and analytical.
* Professional attitude.
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
Hours Of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00
Salary: £35,000 p.a. to £45,000 p.a.
Benefits: Corporate Gym Membership, Private Health Scheme, Life Assurance, Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on service duration
Updated 26-01-2023 21:51
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near Redditch, Worcestershire