Type: Full Time|Permanent
£22000 – £35000/annum
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Greater Manchester
Victor Chase are currently working with a law society accredited, top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The firm are currently looking for a fee earner to join their Employers Liability department. They would expect the successful candidates to be either 1 year plus PQE / Cilex / or alternatively qualified by experience. The role will be to manage your own caseload of predominately pre and post issue fast track employer’s liability cases.
* Proven billing track record of handling a litigated caseload.
* Genuine tenacity.
* A focus on advancing cases to and through litigation to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
* Ability to handle EL fast track cases. Although predominately a non-portal caseload – the successful candidate must have experience of the portal.
* Knowledge of the civil procedure rules, precedent, trends in litigation, and an ability and willingness to utilise the same to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with litigated files from inception, through applications and challenges, to trial / disposal hearing.
* Knowledge of Proclaim case management system.
* Demonstrable willingness to take the more difficult course and to ignore the easy option, to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
* The starting salary for EL Litigator is £22,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
* Excellent commission structure, with no hurdles or caps and paid monthly in arrears.
* Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday.
* 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period.
* 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service.
* Private medical insurance available after 2 years’ service.
* Death in Service – 2 x salary based on annual salary only – eligibility commences when you join the company
* Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
* Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT – available immediately
* Free fruit delivered twice a week
If you would like to find out more information regarding this outstanding role, please contact Nathan at Victor Chase
Updated 26-01-2023 22:01