Type: Full Time|Permanent
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In Lancashire
Inspired PLC is a UK market leading technology enabled provider of energy and sustainability advisory services. Since 2000, it has grown in scale and capability and is servicing over 3,400 UK and Irish clients across all sectors.
To enable businesses to respond to the climate emergency, we focus on solving their toughest challenges. By managing data comprehensively, sourcing energy sustainably and reducing carbon efficiently, we allow our clients to control costs effectively, make authentic ESG disclosures, improve their business performance, whilst powering their journey to net zero.
This role is ideally suited to a career minded, ambitious individual who is looking for that unique opportunity to prove what they can do and then be rewarded for it.
We are looking for a ESG Analyst to join our successful ESG team. This role is home based with some travel to the offices.
Role and Responsibilities
You will support the preparations of ESG disclosures to our industrial, commercial, and public sector customers, from TCFD, CDP, PRI, and other ESG Disclosure frameworks i.e., GRI, SASB, GRESB. In addition, you will support the ESG team to create effective client strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets and other ESG impacts. Finally, you will support the development of client solutions to develop ESG services and ensure they remain market leading as this market evolves.
Support in conducting data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic ESG and reporting services, with focus on:
* TCFD, Climate Scenarios, CDP and other ESG Disclosures and Assessments
* Net Zero Strategy development and Science Based Targets
Support in collating and analysing technical and financial data on environmental, social and governance solutions to provide practical and commercial information to customers
Conduct research and analysis to develop our evidence base in climate scenarios, carbon & net zero and input into external communications
Attend internal and customer meetings / videoconferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and with customers.
Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Degree in STEM / Humanities discipline or equivalent professional experience
* Awareness of and interest in ESG, climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
* Ability to support processing complex technical data and concepts into client-ready information
* Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong report writing capabilities
* Ability to work across multiple projects
* 2+ years of experience in consultancy or analytical roles, focusing on ESG, carbon or broader environmental management
* Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technology and carbon offset mechanisms, and how they contribute to decarbonization
* Product life cycle assessment
* Experience of carbon footprint calculations including Scope 1 +2 and SECR reporting
* Experience of producing Scope 3 Inventories
* Experience reporting & compliance schemes such as CDP
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
* Positive attitude, with integrity & strong self-motivation
* Attention to detail
* Willing to continually learn and develop skills
* Ability to proactively research complex subjects and form succinct conclusions and recommendations
* Able to follow good analytical practice by documenting assumptions & methodology, maintaining version control, building easy-to-audit spreadsheets, and keeping documentation organized.
* Effective face-to-face communicator with a professional approach
* Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
* Ability to organize workload to meet tight deadlines and prioritise activities.
The successful candidates must be willing to travel occasionally with potential for overnight stays.
What we offer
* Training and development opportunities
* Company pension
* Sharesave scheme
* Life insurance
* 4pm finish on Friday
If you are interested in the role and would like to be considered, please apply now and a member of our In House Recruitment Team will be in touch. Good Luck
Updated 26-01-2023 21:49
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near Kirkham, Lancashire