Type: Full Time|Permanent
Head of Professional Indemnity
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Greater Manchester
Head of Professional Indemnity
£ Competitive + Bonus & Great Benefits!
Are you looking for a new challenge working within Professional Indemnity law?
Help us lead and manage our PI team here at Markel Law.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Professional Indemnity to join our team at Markel Law in either our Manchester or Leeds office. We are looking for an accomplished, Senior Lawyer to provide our Professional Indemnity team with strategic leadership, development and growth.
If you’re looking to foster your career within a global insurance/law company then this may be the role for you!
What you’ll be doing:
* Lead and run the professional indemnity team
* Manage, reinforce and develop internal organisational referrer relationships, corporate client and business partner relationships for growth of the professional indemnity team and wider business
* Input into strategy and direction at senior level
* Provide both contentious and non-contentious legal advice representing businesses and individuals in an insured and uninsured capacity
* Supervise and mentor other lawyers within the team
* General management including; governance, compliance, supplier and contract management
* Budget, financial and profitability control including handling own caseload delivering appropriate personal billing and financial targets
* Support the Markel Law advice line and hub services management in relation to content and quality of professional indemnity matters
* Provide overall team strategic direction, development and marketing (including website, literature, communications and PR)
What we’re looking for:
* Have significant professional indemnity law expertise and management experience
* Be able to demonstrate technical excellence
* Deliver high quality and commercially focused advice
* Have experience of client management and practice development
* Have strong business development experience
* Be expected to develop and bring in new business to the department for exceptional growth
* Have a sound knowledge of legal/insurance relationships and their interaction, particularly in the context of liability insurance
* Demonstrate first class client care and communication skills across all levels
* Have high attention to detail and accurate case management skills
* Have excellent written communication skills
* Be an effective manager, demonstrating positive and co-operative interaction with team members
About Markel Law:
Markel Law LLP (Markel Law) is an independent SRA authorised and regulated legal business offering services to both insured and non-insured clients. We are expert in legal services and specialise in civil and employment disputes and regulatory law. Our legal advice line helps over 200,000 callers every year and our award winning Law Hub is used by thousands of businesses on a daily.
Our clients and business partners comprise of businesses, high net worth individuals, and associations across a broad spectrum of industries.
We operate out of offices in Leeds, Manchester, London and Croydon and employ over 60 specialist solicitors. Our legal teams guide, support, defend and protect clients through a wide range of key legal services.
What’s in it for you?
* A very competitive basic salary plus bonus & benefits!
* 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to buy / sell extra leave.
* Company matched pension scheme, private medical and dental cover, life assurance, travel insurance cover, income protection, a cycle2work scheme, season ticket loan, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), parental, adoption and shared parental leave pay …..and plenty more.
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts and cash back on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
* Depending on the role there is the possibility of working from both the office and from home (hybrid) and flexible working requests are supported
* You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere within Markel.
* You’ll be joining a global network of experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple teams and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
Markel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Updated 26-01-2023 22:07