Type: Full Time|Permanent
Immigration Assistant – Top 50 Law Firm
£40000 – £50000/annum
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In London
My client, a Top 50 International firm, is recruiting for a Immigration Assistant to join their law firm in Finsbury, London. The firm is happy for 3 days of remote working per week.
They are looking for a self-motivated Immigration Assistant to support their Employment team. The main duties of the role are to assist Solicitors and work alongside the Immigration Adviser with business immigration matters, which include Tier 2 Sponsor Licences, compliance audits, PBS cases, Family Visas, Visitor Visas, Business Visitors Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain and British nationality matters as well as occasionally employment law related matters and business development activities.
Whilst this is being offered as a permanent position, they would also be happy to take somebody on a 6-12 month fixed term contract basis.
* Advising clients on their immigration needs, including advice on types of application and options as well as specific immigration routes (with an emphasis on skilled worker visas, but also to include other routes including indefinite leave to remain, naturalisation etc).
* Completing business immigration application forms, e.g. entry clearance and extension leave to remain applications.
* Advising companies on applying for a sponsorship licence and subsequent management on the SMS.
* Booking visa appointments and assisting with the preparation of applications for submission.
* Assisting with precedents and research, for example research to support applications (including; Home Office policy, country operational guidance, and other general news articles).
* Assisting with Business Development activities, preparing briefing notes and client presentations.
* Liaising with clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
* Attending meetings to take instructions and minutes, following up on action points when required.
* Typing and amending attendance notes, letters, presentations and other documents as required.
* Researching, analysing drafting documents.
* Filtering client calls and direct client contact.
* Preparing Home Office correspondence on behalf of clients.
Skills and experience – essential
* At least 3-4 years’ business immigration experience.
* A passion about business immigration work and assisting clients.
* The ability to communicate and build rapport with clients.
* Strong attention to detail and pride in your work.
* Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills.
* The ability to take responsibility for and lead specific matters.
* Good project management skills.
* Tenacity to see matters and tasks through to completion.
* Strong interpersonal team-working/building and communication skills.
* The ability to work effectively with and influence partners and others.
* Confidence, with the ability to interface and develop relationships with a variety of people.
* A hard working ethos.
* A passion to work with a fast paced, professional, and friendly team.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Updated 26-01-2023 22:05