Type: Full Time|Permanent
Legal Administration Assistant
£35000 – £40000/annum
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In London
Our client is a leading set of barristers’ chambers renowned for the quality of their barristers and specialist advice and advocacy in Commercial, Employment, Media and Public Law.
Chambers currently seek an experienced Administration and Operations Assistant to work closely with the Director of Administration & Finance and the Pupillage Committee, and assist with all of Chambers’ operational procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to complete an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion questionnaire.
Chambers is looking for an organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to assist with the operational running of Chambers. Working in a small team, you will also be primarily responsible for the logistical running of the Chambers Pupillage Season working closely with the Director of Administration and Finance and the Pupillage Committee.
Location: King’s Bench Walk. The role will be based full time for the first three months. Following that training period there will be flexibility to work from home (generally for up to 2 days a week), to be determined by the Director of Administration and Finance.
Reporting to: Director of Administration and Finance.
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm (or such time that is required by the role).
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays.
* Dealing with the Pupillage and Mini Pupillage processes each year.
* Corresponding with applicants and collating all applications and monitoring information.
* Coordinating all aspects of pupillage, and assessed and unassessed mini pupillages, with applicants and Members of Chambers.
* Working with the Marketing team on all advertising for the Pupillage season.
* Reporting at the end of each Pupillage season on equality & diversity data.
* Admin support to the Director of Administration and Finance & Senior Clerks on Chambers Compliance.
* Working with Chambers’ suppliers to ensure policies are kept up to date and on all Chambers internal platforms.
* Assisting with equality and diversity monitoring, including equality & diversity reporting for Pupillage.
* Ensuring Chambers keeps up to date with Bar Standards Board Regulations and reporting to the membership on any changes.
* Handling the renewal of the Practicing Certificates and Bar Mutual renewals for every Member of Chambers.
* Assisting with monitoring and reporting on compliance for Members of Chambers.
* Assisting the Director of Administration and Finance with the Risk Register and ensuring GDPR logs are updated.
* First line for any premises issues that arise, handling issues as they come in and working closely with Chambers’ suppliers to get matters resolved.
* Assisting the Director of Administration and Finance on all premises related projects, refurbishments and ensuring the general upkeep of the building.
Health & Safety
* Working with the Director of Administration and Finance on all health and safety related issues, including keeping the Risk Assessments updated and under review. Organising manual handling training, first aid and fire marshal training courses for staff members and ensuring records are kept up to date.
* Candidate will need good IT knowledge, and should be able to help with first line troubleshooting issues in emergencies should IT be unable to assist.
* Providing full administrative support where needed to the Director of Administration and Finance, Marketing and Business Development teams and the Clerks.
We are committed to equality and to fostering diversity in our profession.
We will treat everyone equally and irrespective of their age, background, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP on (phone number removed) – 38 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1EN
To apply for this role please e-mail a comprehensive CV and covering letter to one of the team or contact them directly for a confidential discussion
Updated 26-01-2023 22:07