Type: Full Time|Permanent
Legal Cashier Required
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Somerset
A Taunton law firm with a reputation for excellence is seeking a competent and enthusiastic Legal Cashier.
The successful person will have experience in all aspects of legal accounts.
This is a very busy department and the ability to work accurately under pressure is essential to be successful in this role.
The main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Day to day client receipts, payments and other transactions
* Ensuring compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules and other relevant professional standards
* Posting of ledgers and time records
* Billing and daily banking functions, bank reconciliations, bank transfers and telegraphic transfers
* VAT Administration and returns
Essential abilities required:
* Knowledge and experience of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
* Knowledge of financial software systems
* Experience of banking and procedures
* Knowledge of VAT regulations
* Ability to manage work load and work to strict time scales
* Understanding of SRA procedures and HMRC regulations
* Strong IT skills
* Motivated, organised and flexible
On offer is a competitive salary (dependent on experience), great working conditions and the opportunity to be part of a friendly and progressive team.
Please note that a DBS check is required for this post.
For further details please contact Lyn Chandler on (phone number removed), or apply here.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Updated 26-01-2023 22:03