Type: Full Time|Permanent
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Bristol (County)
About The Role
We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Litigation and Dispute Management (LDM) in our Bristol office on a full time, permanent basis. DAS Law is an ambitious and innovative law firm occupying offices in the heart of Bristol. We operate as a fully independent firm while enjoying the significant benefit of sitting within the Munich Re/ERGO Group, and therefore being an integral part of the world’s largest insurance group.
This is a great opportunity to join a law firm which provides genuine opportunities for career development and will suit someone who is looking to develop both professionally and personally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a handling a caseload of contract dispute cases. You will deal with a variety of small claims, with a majority of these being consumer, but we also handle commercial disputes. As you build your knowledge and experience, you can look forward to working on claims of a greater complexity and increased value.
As a paralegal, you will be assessing prospects of success for contract cases, and you will act for our clients, negotiating and litigating claims through the civil court where necessary. This is a customer facing role, so you will need to be articulate, confident and empathetic and have a passion for providing excellent customer service
Our ideal candidate could be a recent law graduate, or someone in the beginning of their legal career but we are seeking candidates who have knowledge of contract law and civil procedure and whilst no specific experience of handling contract dispute cases or litigation is essential, we are looking for candidates who are competent in the principles of contract law and have knowledge of litigation.
We’d like to hear from candidates who are committed to growing their knowledge, be able to act on their own initiative and work as part of a team as well as the following:
* LLB/ILEX/GDL or equivalent qualification.
As a team we are passionate and enthusiastic about what we do. Our people are encouraged to think independently and to take ownership of their work. You will be agile in the way that you work and adaptable to change. As a paralegal in our contracts team we will offer you generous remuneration and an attractive benefits package which will include:
* 25 days holiday with the option to buy up to a further 5 days
* Company pension scheme with the option to increase contributions
* Group Income Protection for all employees
* Group Legal Protection for all employees
* Health cash Plan
* A choice of either European Motor Assistance or Home Emergency Assistance
* Salary sacrifice benefits including Cycle scheme and season ticket loans
* A comprehensive wellbeing programme including a range of free weekly exercise classes (dependent on your office location) and free eye tests
* Access to our employee discounts hub offering exclusive discounts across thousands of retail partners, including discounted gym memberships at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
* The option to join our Sports and Social club which organises discounted events such as theatre visits, wine tasting and shopping trips
Updated 26-01-2023 22:04