Type: Full Time|Permanent
£20000 – £22000/annum + Bens
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In Greater London
Cityworx is recruiting a Paralegal on behalf of a busy and expanding Harrow based solicitors firm specialising in family law.
The practise consists of a team of well-established experienced family law solicitors specialising in all areas including but not limited to; divorce & finances; children matters including child protection consisting of serious abuse & neglect allegations; abductions to worldwide locations and complex cases as well as domestic violence and injunction work.
We are a dedicated team specialising in Legal aid funded and private clients. The work we do is fast-paced, client facing, professionally and legally challenging and at times highly emotive, yet rewarding.
The role would suit a recent Law/LPC graduate or someone completing their LPC exams interested in a career as a family lawyer or paralegal.
Upon completion of successful period as a paralegal and if suited you will have an opportunity to apply for a training contract, with a view to a long-term career to qualification as a solicitor
Areas of law:
The role will involve working in a team:
* Carrying out daily admin duties: dealing with post, emails and phone calls on a daily basis
* Liaising with/taking instructions from clients on solicitors’ behalf as appropriate
* Drafting letters/documents
* Preparing bundles/papers for Court
* Assisting fee-earners with case work and admin work
* Diary management; booking counsel
* Attending Court to assist counsel
* Applying for and serving injunctions – training given
* Record keeping and note-taking
* Legal casework under supervision – subject to training provided and progress
Improving written and drafting skills
Full training, support and ongoing supervision is provided with the expectation that the chosen candidate can work independently and as part of a team
The role involves a diverse range of duties in a busy fast-paced environment.
If you have completed a law degree or your LPC exams and wish to embark on a career in family law, then please email your CV along with a covering letter outlining your future aspirations and motivation to specialise in family law
Updated 26-01-2023 22:07