Type: Full Time|Permanent
Principal Consultant Systems Engineering
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In Greater Manchester
This Digital Consultancy is a market-leading infrastructure and engineering specialist with a clear focus on delivering excellence underpinned by class-leading Technology and Data Analytics.
It helps organisations make informed decisions to realise more value. It does this by embedding team members with the client to improve their processes, technology systems and data.
The Systems Engineering offering within the business is looking to enhance the leadership team with an opportunity for a Principal Consultant to join and support in further developing services and winning new business. As the infrastructure industry moves forward into a more digitally focused era, the challenge of integrating or replacing legacy systems is becoming more complex. The Systems Engineering team has a wealth of capability in systems design, systems integration, technical assurance, testing and commissioning which it is looking to expand.
In this role you will be responsible for developing the services and portfolio of work, contributing to strategic planning for the offering, building a pipeline of work, winning and delivering strategically important opportunities.
Specific duties will include:
* You will be central to the ongoing communication needs of running one or more accounts. With teams distributed over many offices, you will need to ensure the wider team remains aligned to the account direction and achievements / challenges.
* You will lead the delivery of projects either through technical management or through building the technical team to ensure the client’s requirements are met within time and quality parameters.
* You will be responsible for creating and driving your pipeline, in line with the offering strategy which you will help to define.
* You will be key to managing relationships with new and existing clients. You will ensure that the System Engineering offering is clearly and articulately represented in relationships up to Executive Level.
* Working with clients to determine how System Engineering Offering could be embedded to achieve their goals
* Working with the Systems Engineering leaders to continuously develop the capabilities and culture of the team.
As the ideal candidate you should fit the following profile as closely as possible;
* Experienced in leading multi-disciplined engineering projects with a specific expertise in either system engineering, system integration, SCADA or test and verification.
* Able to provide examples of your success in developing client relationships and growing a pipeline of qualified opportunities.
* Experienced in scoping System Engineering opportunities across a variety of sectors or clients with direct experience of developing compelling sales proposals aligned to client needs, and a track record of converting opportunities into profitable business.
* In depth knowledge of System Engineering practices and the ability to articulate technical challenges and present credibly at strategic level.
* Experience of leadership, managing specialist teams in the development and delivery of technical expertise into major client projects.
* Resilience and an appetite to work in new areas with the passion to deliver real innovation in Systems Engineering
* Experience in coaching and mentoring people in career development
* Degree qualified (or with equivalent experience) you are likely to be a member of the IET, BCS or equivalent institution
Company and package details;
The business provides a diverse workplace, conducive for ideas to thrive and places a high importance on the culture, health, and well-being of the team. If you want professional development, accelerated career progression, an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit, it’s all available. A flexible benefits package is on offer that includes;
* Competitive salary tied to a structured talent development framework
* Frequent training opportunities and support with technical certifications
* Flexible-hybrid working model.
* A range of initiatives to support mental and physical well-being
* Membership of a professional organisation
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, childcare vouchers and retail discounts
Updated 26-01-2023 21:49
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near Manchester, Greater Manchester