Type: Full Time|Permanent
Senior Application Support Specialist
£44000 – £48000/annum pension
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In London
Job title – Senior Application Support Specialist
Salary – Up to 48K
Working Arrangements – Fully remote
Purpose of Role
Operating within the Digital Delivery team, the Senior Application Support Specialist will:
– Take an active role in supporting and developing a suite of the college's business systems (iTrent, Stonefish, Dashboard, Unit4 ERP, donations CRM, ThesisSM, Elsevier Pure) taking operational ownership of the product roadmap and business system enhancement requests through from technical design to delivery. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to and shape the College's offering in these spaces.
– Support the day-to-day operation of business systems within the College as the go-to expert in first and second line support issues across a range of business systems
– Maintain and develop operational reporting within systems to aid operational decision making and support data analysis working with business teams to design and deploy these
– Take a lead role in Functional Testing of system changes and developments following agreed testing approach in line with the agreed specification
– Support handover to the business team so they can undertake User Acceptance Testing on any changes signed off within the Functional Testing phase
– Support delivery of a number of key college Digital projects in support of the College's Strategy
– Develop documentation for business users in relation to the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the College's business systems and put together a knowledge base of common issues and their fixes
– Maintain system configuration options, set-up parameters and user permissions and roles within the college's business systems, communicating effectively with users with respect to their roles and responsibilities within the college's information technology policy and procedure framework
– Working to the Business Systems Lead, work with Digital Delivery's key customers to support the design, testing, implementation and review of process improvements to continually improve the efficiency of college business systems and user experience.
– Lead on the design and implementation of user experience enhancements as relates to the college's business systems
– Document and review current access rights to simplify and rationalise current access and approval structures to ensure greater consistency and alignment with defined role based access model, working with business teams to define these
– Document and review workflow process definitions as relates to each college business system along with associated task distribution rules to ensure consistency and error free workflow distributions.
– Deliver, alongside customer super users in the business areas, training and support across the College. Work closely with IT Digital Trainer to revise training documentation and classes as system changes are rolled out. Support development of e-learning modules for self-service learning.
– Support and work with all business system users in the College to troubleshoot issues arising in the system or in related processes to deliver first and second line support. Ensure all requests for assistance and system changes are logged on the college's Service Support Desk
– Escalate unresolvable issues to the Business Systems Lead
– Monitor and resolve issues with data transfers from the College's other systems (e.g. student records system, HR system, etc.) between business systems where direct data feeds are established
– Support college business system upgrade processes – user testing, resilience testing and any other related support activities.
– Undertake the conversion of legacy business system components where relevant to ensure the most up to date workings of business system modules
– Ensure any business system changes are documented and deployed in line with college procedures
– Undertake any other duties requested by the Application Support Lead or Head of Digital Delivery
Updated 26-01-2023 22:12