Type: Full Time|Permanent
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In South Glamorgan
We are a market leading provider of cost management and project management consultancy services across a wide range of sectors – working on some of the largest building and engineering projects in the UK and mainland Europe.
ChandlerKBS are a company focused on personal and professional development. We continue to provide a supportive culture within the company and will grow with each and every individual within the business.
* Working to strict deadlines.
* Preparation of quantities from drawings and specifications.
* Support knowledge capture, sharing and innovation. Support the implementation of strategic initiatives at service and sector level.
* Prepare abstract of material and sub-contract requirements for sourcing and pricing.
* Technical and commercial appraisal of material and subcontractor quotations.
* Preparation of analytical estimates including the detailed appraisal of construction plant and temporary works.
* Contribute to the submission document preparation.
* Attend site visits during tender period.
* Use of estimating software as a basis of preparing the estimate.
* Evaluate construction methods and formulate alternative proposals where necessary in conjunction with the bid team and tender planner.
* Associated forecasts of capital expenditure and income.
* Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
* Provide support for day-to-day delivery responsibility for small to medium projects, support larger projects / programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision. Develop our business; networking and developing client relationships.
* Support the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high-quality standard.
* Provide services in compliance with the client's corporate governance procedures where applicable.
* Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement.
The ability to:
* Deliver results in a client facing role.
* Dealing with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment.
* Cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
* Provide support to junior team members.
* Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications / Skills
* Experience of pricing work under various forms of contract including NEC, either Fixed, Target Cost, Design & Build, Specification & Drawing or ECI bids.
* Degree level qualified or equivalent in a Civil Engineering related discipline.
* Preferably Chartered or working towards.
* Experience in a similar role.
* Good technical understanding of Civil Engineering and the ability to promote alternative solutions.
* Must be numerate, accurate and self-checking.
* A full UK driving licence
Updated 26-01-2023 21:49
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan