Type: Part Time
Senior HR/ Litigation Consultant
£35000 – £42000/annum
Part Time, Legal Vacancy In West Sussex
Senior HR/Employment Law Litigation Consultant – West Sussex – c £35,000.00 – £42,000.00 per annum, dependant on experience (pro rata), bank holidays, pension contributions
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to show case your tribunal advocacy, employment law and HR skills? If yes, then this role is for YOU.
A successful, employment law firm is looking for an outstanding Senior HR/Employment Law Litigation Consultant to join the team. The role is to work up to 20 hours per week and offers a salary of £35,000 – £42,000 pro rata. This is a working from home opportunity, but you must travel to see the team, support employment tribunal litigation work, and meet with clients as and when required. Prior employment tribunal support experience is a must.
This is a blended role, providing Employment Law litigation support and Senior HR advice with a hands-on support and would be perfect for someone who loves to do both!
If this is you, then apply today as we would like to hear from you?
As a Senior HR/Employment Law Litigation Consultant, you will provide support to the Director and team in terms of diary and case management and provide litigation support service under minimal guidance from the Director. You will also be expected to provide high quality case management guidance in all areas of complex HR matters, using good knowledge of employment law, case law and HR best practice. This will include adopting a pragmatic approach in offering solutions to the legal firm’s numerous clients.
Our client is a reliable, forward-thinking legal firm who take pride in its people, community, and service offering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist with the management of employment tribunal claims including assessing and advising on the merits of the claim, calculating the value of potential claims, corresponding with the other party and the tribunal, preparing lists of documents, bundle indexes and witness statements, ideally conducting preliminary hearings
* Respond to HR and employment issues raised by clients, listening carefully to what information they are being given, requesting additional information and/or documents and being able to give competent practical and pragmatic advice
* Draft and review employment contracts including director’s service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, handbooks, and policies
* Conduct grievance and disciplinary investigations, write reports and advise in relation to the outcome and potential risks involved
* Prepare and advise on settlement agreements
* Assist and advise in relation to projects including changes to terms and conditions, redundancies
* Complete legal research
* Write and potentially deliver training on employment law topics
Experience, skills, and knowledge required for the role.
* Have a recognised HR or Employment Law qualification
* Experience of successfully advising business owners on the rights and obligations of employers and employees arising from the contract of employment, while upholding the values of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
* Drafting settlement agreements or COT3s
* Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written, including an ability to convey complex issues and information to a lay audience.
* Good customer and business focus, with a track record of identifying and delivering practical and innovative HR solutions
* Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and influencing skills, including the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a broad range of business owners at all levels.
* Drafting reports containing your recommendations
* Drafting outcome letters
* Excellent knowledge of employment legislation with an up-to-date understanding of relevant case law.
* Prioritises own workload and that of others to ensure delivery of a high-quality advice service, often to tight deadlines and adjusting plans in response to changing circumstances.
* Attention to detail!
This is an opportunity to join an inclusive, and multi-disciplined legal firm that are dedicated to both professional and personal development. Our client is an equal opportunity employer
Updated 26-01-2023 22:04