Type: Full Time|Permanent
Senior / Principal Mechanical design Engineer MEP building services
£40000 – £50000/annum Company benefits / Pension / bonus
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In Tyne & Wear
My client, one of the best companies in their sector is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
They are looking for a experienced Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Newcastle office with the ability to inspire others. You will have the ability to run medium sized projects, undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Skills should include experience on data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector experience including commercial, hotel, retail and hotel design desirable. Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the hotel and leisure sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in building service consultancy and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
• Responsible for running of medium size projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
• Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
• Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
• Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
• Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
• Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
• Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
• Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
• Validation and checking of designs and specifications
Specific Skills & Knowledge
• BEng, MSc, and have sufficient experience
• MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
• Working towards Chartered Eng status
• Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
• Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
• Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
• Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
• Good understanding of BS standards
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Managerial Skills
Updated 26-01-2023 21:48
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear