Sector: Property Services
Type: Full Time
Ensure effective delivery of the responsive repairs service to tenants and leaseholders across the estate.
Ensure regular quality control pre and post inspections visits are made in respect of the organisation’s maintenance services.
Ensure maintenance services are carried out in compliance with published service standards.
Promote the highest standards of customer service.
Ensure all data held in respect of the housing stock is maintained accurately and securely.
Achieve targets/objectives set in respect of maintenance services for team and staff.
Maintain the highest standard of service to the customer within available budgets, standards and policies.
Act as expert for all disrepair, party wall awards and technical-related complaints.
Work with contractors to identify, negotiate and implement measures within contracts to achieve continuous improvement and value for money.
Work with the Asset Management Team to ensure all residents receive seamless repairs and maintenance service.
Ensure estate inspections are carried out in accordance with an agreed timetable by making sure identified issues are resolved effectively within appropriate timescales.
Liaise with the Estate Services Team to ensure effective contract management of communal and common parts repairs contractors is conducted.
Effectively manage and resolve resident contact logged through the Neighbourhood and Customer Services colleagues regarding repairs and maintenance.
Carry out void inspections to ensure that there is before and after documentation of each void and that contractual timescales are met.
Inspire, lead and be a role model, consistently demonstrating the culture and values of our Clients.
To attend evening meetings and other community events as required.
Adopt and comply with our Client’s values, policies and procedures, and regulatory frameworks, including:
· Code of Conduct
· Health and Safety
· Data Protection, privacy and use of IT resources
· Regulatory standards and probity
· Risks and internal controls framework
· Human Resources policies and procedures
· Equality and diversity
· A good standard of education commensurate to the role.
· A qualification in Building or Surveying essential.
Knowledge and skills
· Technical knowledge sufficient to support the delivery of a large and complex responsive maintenance and repairs programme across a range of different stock types.
· Strong knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, FRA’s relating to urban estate management and tall buildings.
· Strong knowledge of CDM and its implementation within projects.
· Must have strong knowledge and experience of using NHFED demonstrable ability to pull together specifications of works from inspections using the correct codes for works.
· Ability to write detailed technical reports which outline the issues, recommendations, and solutions to audiences that are not technically minded.
· Strong project management experience in delivering repairs projects
· Ability to produce detailed technical reports for the Legal Advisor
· Experience in managing other technical surveyors and demonstratable evidence of improving performance
· Knowledge of key Performance Indicators (KPIs), performance management and evaluating service standards.
· Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities.
· Ability to validate information and show attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to support work with customers across a range of circumstances.
· Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt this approach for different audiences.
· Strong written communication skills sufficient to write reports and analyse information to identify issues and themes and recommend action.
· Good knowledge of IT systems including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Excellent analytical skills to identify a range of issues from information gathered.
· Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility.
· Experience in contract management at a significant level.
· Significant experience of working in repairs and maintenance service within a social housing sector.
· Experience in managing budgets and track records ensuring value for money.
· Experience of housing management systems. Experience in CRM and Northgate is desirable.
· Experience in dealing with complaints and difficult situations.
· Experience of working with external/agencies partners including a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies.
· Passionate and conscientious about delivering and driving forward an excellent service in
a customer-based environment.
· Adaptable and ‘can do’ attitude.