Type: Full Time|Permanent
Sustainability Consultant / Trainee
£22000 – £30000/annum discretionary bonus
Full Time, Consulting Vacancy In Nottinghamshire
MES Building Solutions (part of Focus Group) are looking to recruit either an experienced Sustainability Consultant or a suitable trainee to join our expanding sustainability team. This role would suit either someone that is already qualified (SAP or SBEM), a recent graduate or someone looking for a change of career.
The successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of sustainability and Building Regulations assessments in the built environment. To begin with, this will mainly be undertaking SAP assessments of dwellings (new-build, conversion and extensions), answering to the department head. However, with experience, progression into undertaking energy and sustainability statements and appraisals would be expected and the wider team works on projects involving PassivHaus, SBEM, BREEAM and other aspects of building physics. The role also requires someone with excellent client facing skills and a calm approach to dealing with and solving problems. Full training will be provided where necessary.
This role is primarily based in MES' head office in Newark, Nottinghamshire. We do offer home and flexible working arrangements, although site/client visits may be required where necessary.
* Undertaking SAP calculations for new-build dwellings
* Inputting to and undertaking energy, CO2 and sustainability statements to accompany planning applications
* Providing clear and concise technical advice to clients
* Building & maintaining relationships with clients
* Undertaking related services, for example ventilation testing & commissioning
* Be educated to GCSE or A level maths (or equivalent)
* Be educated to degree level
* Have the desire and ability to learn new technical skills
* Have good written and verbal communications
* Be able to work reliably without supervision
* Be willing to drive/travel to sites when required
* Construction-related degree
* SAP or SBEM software experience and a good understanding of Building Regulations (specifically AD Part L1) is desirable.
* Hold a full and clean UK driving licence
* Competitive salary, dependent on experience
* Discretionary bonuses based on team / company performance
* Access to a company pension scheme
* Joining a well established and growing consultancy
Previous applicants need not apply
Updated 26-01-2023 21:50
Search the Job Vacancy Database For More Consulting Job Vacancies Near NG24, Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire