Type: Full Time|Permanent
Full Time, Legal Vacancy In West Yorkshire
Sue Ross Legal have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Associate Team Leader to join an expanding Serious Injury Department at a Wakefield based Law Firm.
This role involves supporting the Team Manager in the supervision of cases, including providing coaching and guidance to colleagues to ensure cases are progressed in a timely manner whilst achieving the required operation, financial and client service performance in line with the firms’ objectives and KPI’s.
This is a full time, permanent position with a well-established Law firm. An excellent benefits package and agile working is also available for the successful candidate.
* Knowledge of Personal Injury Pre-Action Protocols / Civil Procedure Rules / Funding / Costs
* Ability to assess and advise on evidence, liability & quantum
* Good numerical skills and able to calculate special damages and have experience of billing & bill sign off & interpretation of MI & data
* Ability to prioritise & work quickly, accurately and to deadlines with effective & appropriate delegation
* Ability to lead with integrity, be respectful of all colleague opinions
* Good interpersonal / communication skills both written & verbal (including drafting & advocacy skills) with self-awareness of your own impact on others & an ability to consider appropriate forums for communications
* Excellent client care skills with experience of client contact
* Ability to follow Company process / guidelines & make appropriate decisions
* Ability to motivate colleagues & work as part of a team with strong supervisory skills and an ability to put others at ease and build trust & confidence through self-awareness and a high degree of emotional intelligence
* Delivering and facilitating of training as required through induction, Training Academy & ad hoc sessions as required
To be considered for this role, you must have a sound technical knowledge of personal injury (RTA) work. Ideally you will be a qualified Solicitor or FILEX with circa 8 years + PQE (however this is just a guide and candidates with more or less experience may still be considered) and have considerable experience working on multi-track RTA claims with a value of £25k to £200,000K +.
Experience in providing effective supervision is essential. The level of supervision required will be in accordance with the firms’ supervision framework and will include weekly supervision & feedback, monthly 1-2-1’s and sharing knowledge, updates, and guidance for progression.
* Use of electronic case management systems (Proclaim ideally but training can be given)
* IT skills – including Microsoft Word; Microsoft Teams; PowerPoint & Excel
* Experience of conducting 1-2-1’s / personal development plans / performance reviews
* Able to deal with changing circumstances and challenging situations whilst still achieving objectives.
* Team Player and acts as a role model to your colleagues, working together to achieve business and team goals.
* Accountability for own Actions & Decisions
* Honest, Trustworthy & Reliable, and able to act with Integrity
* Willing to explore new technologies to support business development & able to support teams though change
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the Northwest and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment
Updated 26-01-2023 22:02